Saturday, November 6, 2010

Some Pictures of Old Buka

There's this place on campus (Obafemi Awolowo University) called old buka. It's like an all-in-one strip mall. It has everything, from lights, to roasting fish, to fish pepper soup. Fish pepper soup is (for Americans like me and others) the spiciest thing in the whole universe. It consists of a fish, like Tilapia, and a peppery broth. It's delicious and horrifying at the same time. Here are a few pictures if old buka and fish pepper soup. Note: Old Buka is named Old Buka because it's old. Don't assume that the buildings in the place are the common thing everywhere in Nigeria.

My mom and I eating fish pepper soup.



A back alley in old buka.

A strange metal box hanging over everything in old buka.

 The hill the old buka is on. One of the many hills on campus. Campus is HUGE! Actually, my dad says that it has the largest campus size in the whole world. Go ahead, look it up, because I haven't!

Outside of the fish pepper soup joint. My dad was sitting out here, eating.

 Artistic view of a Sprite bottle that I was drinking (random, but cool).

 Myself, laid back in the shop

My mom's half-eaten soup. Don't try to eat the screen. 

My mom and I eating. My sister's are on the other bench.

I asked this Okada man to pose with his bike. Okada is one of the most common transport in Nigeria. They swarm like bees in the streets. I'll write more about them in another post.

A picture of the Department of Dramatic Arts on campus.

Inside the theater of the Department of Dramatic Arts.

A picture of the parking lot outside of the department. See the Okadas riding around?

I don't really know what this part of the department's for.

The statues that have been here since my father lived here.

A statue of Ola Rotimi.

Murals on the outside walls of the theater.

Those are enough pictures for all of you to look at at the moment. More pictures later,

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: