Thursday, May 16, 2013

Gone and Back Again

So. We're back in Ife.

I thought it would take me a little bit to get accustomed to Nigeria again. I am not exaggerating to you when I say that I barely blinked an eye. There was no huge shock. We deal with NEPA (or PHCN as it's called now) just as we've always had. I really don't feel a change. I walk my dog in the morning like I've always had. I go around, goofing off on my laptop, thinking about weird stuff like I've always had here. I wasn't expecting to be like shocked into oblivion like ERMAHGERD WHAT THE POOP IS THIS I MEAN HUHWHUH HUUUUUHH

Okay I'll stop that now.

I think you get what I'm trying to say. It's actually sorta cool. When I get to the States I immediately switch into "America mode". When I'm here in Nigeria? "Nigeria mode". No culture shock, nothing. I guess the problem is that I've been listening to crap from a whole bunch of people, telling me that when I go from Nigeria to America or vice versa I'll suddenly have to learn everything all over again. I'll be a fish outta water, so out there and confused but in a sort of good, happy way. Now that last sentence really doesn't make sense. Whatever! I've got a rule: never edit posts. Just write them how they are and let 'em loose!

Hey, on an unrelated note, I've noticed that there are only like 3 photos in this whole darn blog. Well, that isn't going to do! I've got four years worth of writing on this site, so I'm going to have to explain Nigeria to you guys visually as well. I'll be working on that, but to be honest we don't have a camera at the moment. Actually, the last time we owned a (working) camera was in...2010? 2011? Something like that. Anyway, don't worry! I've got it under control.

Well, Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: