Saturday, November 20, 2010

Jammed

I haven't posted for six days.

Because of Multilinks.

You thought I was trying to hold back on you guys? No way! The internet connection is way too slow. It hasn't been acting right for a few days now. So, now that I've explained my absence, let me tell you about the longest trip to Osogbo we have ever been on.

My parents needed to get a tool from my friend's father, so we were on our way to Osogbo. I was really sleepy for some reason (the car does that to me) and I had a nap, though I was a little frustrated because Ife to Osogbo isn't that long a ride. I'd have to cut my nap short. I really wished that the ride would just be a little longer. Unfortunately, I got my wish. When I woke up, I was still pretty tired, and I really just wanted to fall back asleep, but I heard a lot of commotion going on, and there were people moving back and forth past the car. We must be in Osogbo already, I thought, waking myself up as I looked outside the car. We weren't in Osogbo. We were on the highway. And there were people walking on the highway. And the cars weren't moving. It was the slowest moving highway in history; people parked their cars and started walking outside and talking to people in buses out the window, running around...it was strange. "How long have we been driving?" I asked. "You mean how long have we been parked here," my mother corrected sarcastically. Well, I found out that we left Osogbo at about four o' clock. And it was five o' eight. Osogbo is a thirty minute drive. At least I got a good nap! It was really interesting to watch the people walk by, though. When the cars started moving, though, everyone would dash to the cars and rev them up. Finally, we did get to Osogbo, and we did come back (at like six or seven in the night!). But I'm not done. The night was as bright as day. The moon was almost completely full, and it was like a spotlight. It was daytime without all the colors. It was amazing! I wish I could have taken a picture of it, but my DSi didn't register the light. Which was annoying. I'll try next time.

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: