Sunday, November 7, 2010

Our Car Broke Down. Again.

Yes, it did. We were driving to Osogbo, the capital of Osun state (our own) to visit some friends. My friend's father owns a car wash, and we visited it and everything to say high and to ask if his children and spouse were at the home. The car wash is only a few streets away, mind. He said yes, and made sure he would call them to open the gate for us to their house. Most houses here have gates, like this:
As you can see, the wall surrounds the house, protecting it. Talk about a picket fence! So we asked him to make sure his children would open the gate, and we went on our way. We drove about two streets away from the house, when everyone noticed the car's hood was smoking blue, foul smoke. Then, it stopped moving. Luckily, we were so close. It would have been pretty messed up if we were on the main road! We went to go check it out. My Dad phrased as, "a pipe popped," or something. A pipe fell out of it's hole, and oil was running through it. I think. I really don't know. My Mom had to steer while my Dad had to push from behind most of the way to the house. We had two great advantages, though: 1- the road was downhill. It made for a pretty fun ride. And 2- We were so close to the house, we didn't have to push for long. Oh yeah, and I almost forgot 3- The fix was supposed to be pretty easy, so we weren't grounded there. Good thing my parents owned an AAMCO! My Dad really knows how to fix cars. He asked my friend's Dad if he could bring transmission fluid (or something like that) over the phone, and I went to go sit down and talk with the kids we came to meet with in the first place. My younger sister had a playmate who was around her age, and they played (can you guess?) The PowerBluff Girls. Oops, did I write that incorrectly? ;) Good thing is that we got the car fixed and we rode home, but I don't think the fix is permanent. There's still some blue smoke coming out of it. I think it'll get fixed tomorrow.

Signing off,
The Blossom-Bubble-Buttercup-hater Traveler

P.S.  NEPA has been gone for a month now. We've been running off of the inverter and the generator. The NEPA HQ for Ife said it would definitely be fixed in the night or today. By yesterday, I mean two days ago.

Seriously signing off this time,
The Traveler

No comments: