Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chicken Counting

It's been a few hours since we went chicken counting. You heard that right. I said chicken counting. My Dad told me earlier in the day to come with me to help him with the chicken farm in back. I was all ready to jump out of my seat and go there when he also informed me that it would be in the evening, so no need to rush. At the near end of the day, a brought a little table with a pen to write down. My father would go inside the chicken house, take one of the chickens, and put it on a little blue-green weigher. Most of them were 4 pounds, 4 pounds and 18 ounces, and 4 pounds and ten ounces. "2." "2.2" "2.1." (we were writing in kilograms, since every other country in the world except the US write down weights in that format) I wrote down all the weights. The farm is separated into three houses. The 1st house is only gonna be for the biggest; only 4 lbs and higher. Once we had a real big one; 5 pounds 12 ounces! That's pretty big for the chicken's that we're growing to sell for Christmas. Nigerians like to buy live or dead chickens for Christmas to eat. We'll be one of the sellers. It wasn't that boring. It only took half a lifetime. After I had written down the stats of 151 chickens we called it a night and went back home.

Signing off,
The Traveler

P.S.: Inconsistent writing cause the internet is so bad in our location.

No comments: