Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Little Bit More About Birds

Guess what? Just after I had written yesterday about birds and stuff, I had another adventure with them! This is what happened:

I had finished my post and published it on my blog, and went to go eat my breakfast of Quaker's Oatmeal. I always put butter, milk, and sugar in mine. After that, I went about doing the usual: reading, doing schoolwork, when I heard a very strange bird call. I was in the back of the house, near the office room, when I heard a sound like somebody clicking their tongue on the roof of their mouth. They were fast, and they came one after the other rapidly. I heard the sound, and I walked into the office, since it was louder there. Through the window, I saw the bird. It had orange wings and back, a white chest, blue head and beak, and a wide wingspan. I mean, it was wide for it's size. It also moved differently; it would hop, and sort of fan out it's wings as it turned, and perked it's head up, as if it was trying to see something. I think it's a male, since he was the one calling, but I don't know jack about birds anyway. I know that's a pretty vague description, but are there any birdologists that know the name for this species? It lives in a subtropical climate (we are in Nigeria, after all), and the description is pretty much all I know about it. Thanks,

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: