Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dying Clothes

My grandparents wanted some Nigerian dresses and stuff before they left, but we couldn't get it on time....or something like that (I wasn't really concerned). We got the cloths before they left, though. They wanted it custom made, which also includes the designs, everything. I've gotten some stuff custom made, too. It's a pretty cool looking blue shirt. It's nice. So anyway, they told us what they wanted, and we got some people on campus (campus of the university that's down the street from us) to dye it. My Grandpa wanted an agbada. Or at least, I think he wanted one. An agbada is like a huge, flowing shirt that has sleeves, and doesn't at the same time...well, it's  kind of difficult to explain. You'd have to see it for yourself, because I don't know how to explain it. I don't know what my Grandma wants, but let me stop talking about them. Do you know that traditionally, women wear a wrap on their heads called a Gele? It usually matches the clothing that she has on, and it's always colorful. I've even seen some that have a sheen to it! Other than that...well, it's early in the morning, so I have nothing else to write about. My family's sleep.

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: