Wednesday, September 14, 2011

TV


I’ve just noticed how addicting watching TV is,

I mean, I know it’s been proved by science and everything, but I’ve had a personal experience with addictiveness and television. For days, I’ve been asking my parents if I could go watch the TV, and I’d watch a few hours of it. In that span of time I could’ve been doing so many other much more productive things; it’s okay to watch the occasional show once and a while, but too much of it can hurt you. But Nigerian kids, just like most American kids, love TV. Especially Ben 10. :/. Yeeah. I’m not a big fan of Ben 10. And when I mean Ben 10, I don’t mean Ben 10: Alien Force or Ben 10: Ultimate Alien; I mean Ben 10 Ben 10, the original. But I noticed that when a kid here watches something, they watch it. Like for example, we went to an old friend of my fathers, and we were watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. Her son was acting out every movement and reciting every word of each episode that we watched. It was a little creepy. He’d even get into the poses and all of that and I was just watching him from my seat, afraid of moving, cause he might think that I wanted to join him in his reenactment. Wait, I just noticed I contradicted myself: in the beginning I said that TV was bad and all of that, but just now I told the story of a boy who was bouncing around because of TV. Confusing.

Signing off,
 The Traveler

No comments: