Sunday, September 11, 2011

Harmattan is on The Way


It’s getting much hotter,

And I’m beginning to feel the getting-baked-in-an-oven feeling that you always get whenever Harmattan is on its way. Dry Season can also be called Harmattan, and I switch it up sometimes, call it different things. One thing though that I am happy about seeing with the arrival of Dry Season is sun! Beautiful sun! In Wet Season it’s a dark gray cloudy overhang from morning till evening, and man, it can get a little gloomy. But now, the sky is a nice bright blue and the sun is not hiding behind any clouds. I think the most annoying things about these overhangs is that they are so dark of a gray and they look so ominous that you think it’s going to rain, so you’re preparing to get a huge downpour and everything, but nothing happens and you get all frustrated and stuff cause you were expecting something and bam the Earth’s weather patterns have to disappoint you. Also I’ve been craving for some of the fruits that grow on our trees in the yard but none of them have come out yet, so I asked my Father when they came out. He said they came out in Spring. There is no Spring in Nigeria. Thanks Father. Again.

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: