Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Obstacle Course

We didn't really have that much of a blast,

Because there weren't that many people, which meant some of the activities were closed. We did go to the beach (in the night), and we played around there for about 15 minutes. We also swung on a little swing-thing. I wanted to walk on this sandbar which lead to another part of the shore. We didn't get to do that this time. Le (or La) Campagne was pretty nice, and I even tried to somehow perhaps complete their obstacle course. It had two cement walls that you had to climb over, and a trench with multicolored strings that were tied to the top so then you were forced to do a belly slide across the sand to the other side. There were also logs that were vertically propped up for you to step on them. It was crazy! The men's record (finishing time) was 2 min. 30 sec. The women haven't even finished the course yet, let alone make a record. As you guessed, I got stuck at the third challenge, pretty much. I cheated and passed by the ones that were too hard. My Dad did a lot, while my Mom, my sisters, and myself were all afraid that he might break his back. Luckily he didn't! The chalet that we stayed in was pretty nice, with three bedrooms, living room, dining room, and bar. There were some electrical problems at first, I guess since the house hadn't been stayed in for a while. We called the electricians, and they took care of it. We got to stay in the bunk-beds, which were next to the regular bed in the first bedroom. I took bottom, my sister took top. I tried to use our Lenovo at the place, since they said they had internet connection in the brochure for the resort. Their server was malfunctioning, unfortunately, and our Multilinks Telkom internet modem was too far away from any poles. That was fine, though, cause I got to play my father's ancient Civilization III game. They already came out with a IV, and they're already about to publish a V!! And my father's using a game from 2001 that doesn't have any good graphics. It wasn't half bad, though. Oldie but a goody.

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: