Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Connected Like Crazy


Best news ever!

We have broadband satellite internet access! One megabyte per second, 32 GB download limit for each month. It’s crazy! I’m still trying to adapt to using the internet anytime I want. I can surf YouTube. I can get that IDE I’ve been eyeing for the past few days. I can keep up to date with all of the blogs that I like (including this one). You really REALLY can’t appreciate the internet until you’ve been severed from it. But I think I’ve said that a hundred times before. J Now I’m able to go to Khan Academy, play online games…the list goes on. We’re using an Internet Service Provider called YahClick. It’s pretty good…most of the time. Like when we picked up the equipment for the dish—that was a hassle! We thought it would be a quick easy process. How we were so wrong. It took us more than an hour to get it, and that was after threatening the YahClick office that we won’t buy from them if they don’t bring the darn stuff. And right now is another annoying moment with this ISP. It claims that we’ve surpassed our daily bandwidth limit which is 1.2 GB. This is pretty much impossible. We haven’t come close to downloading a GB of data in one day. So we’re going to Lagos tomorrow anyway. We’re planning on telling them off. I’m sort of laughing right now. Isn’t it a little ridiculous? A few weeks ago, we were pretty much offline. Now, we have one of the fastest internet connections in town. Yeah, there are other broadband satellite setups about Ife, but they’re usually shared. That means that the download/upload speeds are unbearably slow. What do you have to say about that, Multilinks?! Satellite internet, for the win!

(now I can upload my harlem shake video now…>:D)

Signing off,
The Traveler (ONLINE)

No comments: