Wednesday, March 27, 2013

200th Post!

Yes, I've hit it!

Another milestone for this blog. It took me a while, but I made it! :D So now that I've gotten to this point, I'm going to take a look back at my first posts on this blog, back in 2009. Goodness. That was four years ago. It shocks me to see it so blatantly; right in front of my face. I made this blog back in 2009. Well, at least I've seen how much progress I've made! Some of my earlier posts look so...ignorant from my perspective now. Of course, you can't blame me; I was thrown into a completely different culture. New foods, new experiences. Surprisingly I haven't even written all of my adventures in this blog. There are just so many which have helped me to realize...I'm not so ignorant anymore. I know what an Okada is. I've learned a bit of the native languages. I've met new people. I definitely would not have participated in the WRO in Abu Dhabi if I had never come to Nigeria. So many things would be so different. When we first arrived in Nigeria I didn't know how to take care of a dog. Well, now I do. I can say pretty confidently that if I hadn't come here I would have never gotten Shep. Or Night. Or Harry Potter. I would have never met the friends I've made here. But you know what? I'm ready to go back home too.

So after two hundred posts, I've learned a whole world of info on this country. Not as complete as my experience in America. Actually, I don't think it will ever be as complete as my knowledge of the States. But I'm okay with that. :)

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: