Thursday, March 8, 2012

Years

It's been a very long time since we left for Nigeria.

I remember back when I was 11 and I was so excited about coming. For some reason back then when I googled to my heart's content about Nigeria I could never get any good information about the country. Right now though, if I google "Nigeria" I get way more stuff than I could ever want. That's strange. I seriously can't believe that it's been...over two years?...since we came here. It's felt like forever. Not in a bad way, but not in a good way either. But at the same time, it seems like time is speeding up too fast, that it's just rocketing away. I might be confusing a few people, but I don't mean to; that's the best way for me to describe it. Look at how much stuff I've done here, and it such a short span of time! I traveled to Abu Dhabi, met new people, did all sorts of stuff. I sort of wonder where I would be in my life if I hadn't come here either. What would have happened if I had spent the last two years back in Durham, in North Carolina? Would I have seen and done so many new things? I bet not. This might sound extremely weird: I kind of miss the sort of things that I wouldn't have even noticed if I were in America. Like having a nice high-pressure shower for a change. Or being able to just walk down the street to the nearest electronics store and buy whatever I need. And socializing with friends who were raised in the same culture that I've been. Don't get me wrong, I'm super glad I came here because I've seen a lot of awesome stuff. I also believe that if I had never come here, then I don't think that I would've ever gotten the idea for L I N E S, the webcomic which I'm about to start publishing soon. I think a lot of things wouldn't have happened. Like I would have never gotten Shep, Night, or Harry Potter of course. And we would have never even have thought of the possibility of acquiring a few pet goats if we were in the USA. It's weird. It's like I like it here and I'm grateful for all the amazing experiences I had, but I wanna go home and experience the boring stuff at the same time. That doesn't make any sense to me. I want to experience going to the grocery store, and laughing with my friends, and just goofing off. I'm confusing myself.

Signing off,
The Traveler