Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pink Mega Grapefruit

About a week ago, my Dad and I went to this old lumber mill that isn't in use anymore. Well, we're thinking of buying it so then we can make an automotive repair shop. It was pretty nice; it wasn't like completely broken down or anything, but the machinery looked extremely rusty. Supposedly, most of it is still operational. But, here comes the cons: it's not connected to the main grid. I think. If I heard right. There's no electricity coming to it, henceforth, how do we operate the computers and lifts and the things like that? How about the office, what about the lights? Well, they talked and talked and talked and talked. They is my father and the guy who owns it. I got bit by a couple of soldier ants, waiting. Then he took us inside his office, and there was this large green melon. I was hungry, and was imagining all the different ways I could eat it. Juicy, delicious. Yep, I was hungry. The outside was very smooth, with very tiny dark green spots over the light green outside. The owner of the place said that they were very tasty, and when put into a juice they were even better. He actually gave that one to us as a gift, and told us that he had a whole tree of them. My dad knew what they were; he used to eat them when he lived here. I asked him what it looked like inside, and he said that it was pink! That it was, actually, a gigantic pink-insides grapefruit! He said that it tastes like a grapefruit, just a little sweeter, and that it was a grapefruit, just much bigger. I was very surprised, so after we plucked several of them off the tree, and we went back to the car to go back home, I kept asking again and again if it really was true. Can they really be huge grapefruits? It sounds impossible! But, after a while I guess I tired him out, so he said I would see what it looked and tasted like when we got back home. When we did get back to the house, we cut it in half with a knife and saw that it really was pink! It had a very thick skin, almost half an inch thick, and the fruit itself, the skin, was a little hard and would pop inside your mouth with sweet juice. After a while, (I don’t think I was eating it right), my tongue started to feel all burnish and acidic, so I stopped eating it. But while it didn’t burn my mouth, it was fantastic!

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: