Friday, December 31, 2010

Opinions, Please!

Everyone has their own opinion here in Naija.

Lemme explain: a few days ago, my parents decided that they would make a second farm house for more chickens. So they’re building it now. But that doesn’t have anything to do with what I said above, but I just wanted to tell you just so you know. Anyway, months ago when the chickens weren’t fully grown, when people would come around to the house and talk and stuff, each of them had their own little “nugget of wisdom” about the chickens. For example, one of my friends fathers would always say something like, “did you make sure you’re keeping ‘em warm? Are you sure you can fit them all in?” And he’d go on like that all the time. And you know what’s the ridiculous thing? He has never owned a chicken farm in his life. And it’s not just him, either; everybody that we meet usually says something about something about something! What’s the most annoying part to me is that they act like they’re experts, when they actually aren’t. My parents just say “uh-huh” and “hmm”. I think it just goes through one ear and comes out the other. Which is good! Because I don’t know if the people who are telling them what they think they know have a brain anyways. Luckily, not everyone does it. And I also remember a lot of people doing it in the States as well.

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: