Tuesday, June 11, 2013

MY LIFE IS FULL OF WORDS

AND NUMBERS

It mostly involves a lot of this:
And this:
So as you can tell, I've been rather busy. It's been so much fun, learning C++ and Calculus. Plus, my math teacher let me borrow his Kindle DX for a week and a half. How awesome is that?! Now I can read my e-books on a proper e-book reader! Sorry laptop, but you're staring at words on your screen for too long will give anyone a headache.

Speaking of books, I've also been snooping about in the old library. We have a decent collection of books (my Granpa's old collection), and most of them are from the 60s and 70s. I found a couple of good ones (1984 is one of them) , and I tried reading The Iliad too. I'm sorry to say I failed. :P Who knew the Greeks could make such confusing literature?

Anyway, there are a lot of really old Nigerian magazines. It's almost like travelling back in time. You get to see what people cared about back then, what issues they had and what accomplishments they had achieved. Maybe I'll talk more about that later.

I know this is a short post, and it's more of an update about what I've been up to. But that's okay! I'll try to find more interesting things to talk about next time. :)

Signing off,
The Traveler

P.S. I was looking around my blog, and I saw my old "Favorite Sites" widget on the right-hand side. I haven't changed it for years; one of my sites on there is "GMail (ESPECIALLY BUZZ)". I remember when I used to talk to my friends through Buzz! I didn't even have a Facebook account. Ah...memories.

No comments: