Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Group Reaction

This is going to be a short one.

So I was on the OAU campus today, I was buying some suya--a beef jerky sorta thing. I must have mentioned it in an earlier post so I'll let you do all of the hard work and find it. Because I'm lazy. DEAL WITH IT

As I was saying. I was buying some suya, and it was pretty dark. It was 8:45 PM after all. So all of the streetlights were on and there were all of these bright buildings and stuff. You know, how it should look? And people were going about doing weird stuff and I was there buying the suya on the street corner and everything was normal and--BAM. PHCN strikes again! All of the power goes out, simultaneously. Every building, every streetlight, goes dark. Here comes the cool part.

All of a sudden, I hear this huge collective sigh! Like, everyone on campus rolling their eyes and huffing in exasperation. I know it might not sound so cool, but it was an amazing experience. It was as if this experience kinda brought everyone together. We all hate PHCN's unreliability. So we can all unite under that. Alright, maybe it's not the best thing to agree on; hating the electric company? But it was still really cool to hear. Like this huge...wave of sound! You know, similar to that Marvel superhero, the one that can't say a word because if he does he'll like explode everything in sight or something like that? Because his voice is so loud and immense and all that stuff? (Okay, you can take my nerd creds away.)

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: