Friday, January 21, 2011

Taking the SAT

Yep. I am taking the SAT at twelve!

Sounds weird? Well, it isn't; you see, I've been home-schooled my whole life, and I am capable of doing college level work. Actually, on my last Iowa test for the 7th grade, I was scored in the 99th percentile. Of the whole nation. And it's also recommended to take the SAT at least once for practice before you take it for real to get enrolled in a college. I myself plan on taking it more than once before I turn 17. So anyway, I'm taking the SAT tomorrow (we have to leave at 7:30!) , and I'm taking it at the University of Lagos (also called informally UniLag). I'm in Lagos right now, and we're not staying in the Oriental Hotel. We're actually staying in the place next door called FourPoints, a hotel owned by Sheraton. And like my Dad said, it doesn't hold a candle to the Oriental Hotel. This hotel's wear and tear is a little worse than the Oriental's, but it's less than four months old! And it's less organized. And there's a party going on downstairs, and it's pretty loud. Some jazz group from America I think. My parents say they aren't so good; like just now my mom asked 'What are they playing? That sounds bad.' And then my Dad said, 'I hope they didn't come all the way from the US for this.' Then my mom laughed and said, 'They were probably paid,' and then my dad was all like, 'but their music isn't that good,' then my mom said, 'well whoever paid them thought they sounded good,' and my dad said, 'I don't.' Like a said, my parents don't like them.

Signing off,
The SAT-taking Traveler

No comments: