Monday, September 13, 2010

Dry Season

It's becoming dry season now; it's not a completely huge change, but things like it's not getting as muggy and humid is a tell-tale clue. It hasn't started getting extremely dry yet (it hasn't gotten very hot, either), but it's getting there. I don't know why, but to me at least, it looks like all of the fruits start becoming ripe in the dry season. Well, we don't have all of the fruits in our yard, but we have a lot, nevertheless. Like, for example, we have almonds, cashews, guavas, limes, oranges, bananas, mangoes, plantains, pineapples, tomatoes, and peppers all in our walled compound!!! The guavas are ripe, and I think pineapples are year round (so are bananas and plantains), so I guess I can't say that all the fruits get ripe in the dry season. We also have a whole bunch of chickens, and three goats. We've named most of them: Chickens-Hen (has six chicks), Bar Jesus Chicken (a character from the play I acted in, see "Visit"), Boldy, Boldy Jr., Black-and-White Chicken, and Other Hen. Goats- Right-Ear, (no name), and Mohawk. We used to have a dog (my friend, who has a dog, is gonna be really mad at me for not telling her) that my sisters named Pud-Pud. He got run over, and I didn't really want to talk about him in my blog because it was too sad. We're planning on getting another one, though. We also have another bout of soldier ants in the yard (again), and they're grouped around the palm tree. They're going for the oily palm kernels, the seeds of the palm tree. They're fairly good, just add a little bit of salt and you're good to go. They don't look edible, but they are. We already got attacked by the soldier ants a few times; we'll try to keep away from them. Trying to keep safe,

Signing off,
The Traveler

No comments: